Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Friday 16 January 2015

Show Us Your Metal at Winter Wonderland

Hi Folks
Hope you are all managing to stay safe and warm with this very cold weather we seem to be having at the moment.  When that wind blows at the moment it feels so cold.  Unfortunately, my office is not the warmest so having to sit there with a heater next to me.  Roll on summer is what I say.  I am working tomorrow as well so not much crafty time this weekend.

Today sees the start of a new challenge over at Winter Wonderland.  Our theme for this week is:
Metal
You can enter with any project you like and it doesn't have to be a christmas project.

Here is my inspiration project.


I received some chocolates in a lovely little gold box for christmas.  I decided to recycle the box and alter it.  I went around the edges of the box with some gilding flakes for a more aged look before adding some papers from my scraps box.  Around the top of the box I added some lace.  As you can see I used a metal flower and some metal leaves as embellishments on top of the box.  A couple of punched butterflies and some pearls finished the project.  

Our sponsor for the challenge at Winter Wonderland is:


with a prize of a £10 voucher for the winner.

Thanks for popping by and I am looking forward to seeing all your entries.  Just pop over to Winter Wonderland to check out the full challenge details.  Don't forget to take a peek at the lovely creations from my talented teamies.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Our Creative Corner - Christmas Leftovers
Artistic Inspirations - Anything goes
Not Just Cards - Anything goes


11 comments:

Sue said...

Fabulous idea and altered box Mags.Love the design xx

Bad Kitty said...

Fabulous box

Debs said...

Beautifully altered box Mags - love the metal flower embellishment.
Debs xx

Carol S. said...

I have finally found time to visit my Teamies blogs! Gorgeous box and the metal flower is stunning. I will now join as a follower! Hugs, Carol WW DT

Wendy said...

Gorgeous box, love your metal flower!
Wendy xx

Sandra H said...

Beautiful!!

Jennifer Johnston said...


Hi there Mags, this is such a lovely box you have created from a chocolate box. The colours are lovely and it looks very elegant. Hope your job is going well. Weather here has been dreadful too. Today is the first calm day we seem to have had for a week or more but it is so.....cold. Hope your daughter had a fab birthday.
Hugs Jennifer xx

Pamellia said...

Very pretty box, love the metal accent piece. Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner for our 'Christmas Leftovers' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

MagsB said...

wow, Mags, this is so pretty! What a great idea!

love Mags B x

Ana K. said...

Isn’t recycling fun?! You made gorgeous box Mags...love metal pieces and lace! Thank you for joining us at Our Creative Corner
Greetings from Slovenia

Scrapintheattic.com said...

Hi, what a pretty box made from leftovers. The metal flowers just finish it off. Thank you for joining in at Our Creative Corner.
Jan x