Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Monday 22 December 2014

MDF Decorated Tissue Box

Hi Folks
Not long now till the big day.  Just a few last minute bits of food to get on Wednesday and I am all done.  Feeling quite organised for a change lol. I am looking forward to a few days off work and spending quality time with my family.  Might even be able to sneak in a bit of crafty time too.

Today I thought I would share a project I have recently completed for my newly decorated lounge.  I bought an MDF tissue box a few months ago and finally got around to decorating it.


I started by painting the edges of the tissue box with black MDF paint.  I then used papers from Papermania to decorate the sides and the top.  Around the aperture at the top I added a pearl string that was in my stash.  I added some thin black lace around the sides of the box and finished off with some flowers and metal corners.  

Here is another view.


I am really pleased with the way this turned out and really enjoyed doing it.  Will certainly be looking to try more things like this in the future.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper - Anything goes
Dragonfly Dreams - Vintage
Creative Moments - Anything goes
Sweet Lilac Paper Flowers - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes
That Craft Place - Anything goes
Scribble and Scrap - Anything goes

11 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is gorgeous Mags! I have had one for several years and still not done it - maybe next year! Have a wonderful Christmas hugs Susan x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Mags, I love the all your beautiful detailing.
Sue xx

Chana Malkah said...

Beautifully done! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Chris said...

It looks fantastic Mags! Much nicer to have on show than a cardboard tissue box!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments.
Hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas
Chris
x

Linda Simpson said...

This looks fabulous and loving the papers and lace. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Amanda said...

Hi, Just Beautiful and love how you have decorated the box. I am sure it now takes pride of place in your lounge. Thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
Have a Great Christmas & Happy New Year.
Hugs Amanda

Carole Pollard said...

So beautiful a gorgeous box love and hugs Carole x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, I am always blown away when I come here, gorgeous work as always!! huggles Pops x x x

Liz's creative corner said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Lilac, hugs Liz xx

Laurian said...

A beautiful vintage project!
Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope you will continue to play with us next year!
I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Very Happy New Year!

Hugz

Laurian
Dragonfly Dreams Owner

Alyx said...

Stunning project. Love it. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck. Happy New Year.
xx