Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Wednesday 27 August 2014

New Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges

Hi Folks
Well it sure has been an interesting week for me.  As some of you know I left my job after 31 years in June. I decided that I would take a little break and then look for another job.  Well. a couple of weeks ago I saw a job advertised that sounded interesting.  I applied not really thinking anything would come of it.  I went for an interview last week which was very nerve wracking after 31 years of not having to do one.  Anyway, I got offered the job today.  Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather.  The first job I applied for and I got it.  I will be working as a customer service advisor for a local publishing company.  Totally different to my last job but I am looking forward to the challenge.  I start next week so going to enjoy my last few days as a lady of leisure lol.

Anyway, let's move onto crafty matters.  Today sees the start of a new challenge over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.  Our theme for this week is:
Children and/or Christmas

We have three great sponsors for this challenge:
Sparkle and Sprinkle - a prize of 3 digi sets from SNS Exclusive Stamps
Crafty Sentiments - a prize of 3 digi images
Dis Digi Stamps - a prize of $12 gift certificate

Here is my inspiration project using a fun image and sentiment from Sparkle and Sprinkle.


I used the pre coloured version of the image but you do get the uncoloured version too. The sentiment also came as part of the set.  I added some faux stitching to the image panel and matted onto silver mirror card.  The papers were some freebies from a magazine together with the flower.  I belived they may be Craftwork Cards but don't quote me on that.  I added some card candi and gems to finish the card.

Thanks for popping by and looking forward to seeing all your entries.  Just pop over to Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges for full challenge details.  Don't forget to check out the lovely creations from my talented teamies.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
CHNC Extra - Anything Goes
Scribble and Scrap - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Use old stash (papers)
Crafty Girls - Anything Goes
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Polkadoodles - Christmas
HIMCR - Any holiday
CHNC - Merry and bright
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
TTCRD - Anything goes
Delightful Challenges - Layer it
Inky Impressions - Anything goes

21 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is so cute Mags! Big congratulations on your new job - great going! Susan x

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my I do love this image he is a real cutie! Congratulations on your new job and wish you all the very best.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Mags, I love the cute image and beautiful papers.
Congrats on your new job, I hope it goes well for you.
Sue xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Mags, I like the design and the image.
Kevin xx

Dawn said...

Congrats on the new job Mags, It's a bit of a shock isn't it! lol
I love your little Chistmas card with the cute penguin!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Congrats on the new job. Fab fun card x

Wendy said...

Congratulations on your new job Mags...
Gorgeous cute card.
Wendy xx

Unknown said...

Many congratulations, Mags, on your new Job, so happy for you. I love your card hun, super image and colours, love the zesty feel to this one, hugs xxx

rachel said...

great make mags and congrats on the new job. i hope its a great adventure x

~@ngie~ said...

lol great cheeky card.... love the image... dp's & the sentiment :)

love n hugz Angie xXx

Elaine Stark said...

A cute image and great colours. I love the look of expectation on his face. Congratulations and good luck in your new job. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant design a great fun card Well done you on getting a new job good luck for when you start love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Beautiful card, your image is darling, your papers are great together and I love all of your accents. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

Sue - HIMCR DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Veerle said...

Very cute image, nice colour combo
Gr Veerle

paper fun said...

Adorable!!! That little penguin is precious.

Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday.

Mari GDT

PoppyK said...

Great card and thank you for joining in with the Get Organised for Christmas Challenge over at www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk Have fun and Keeeeeeeeep Crafting Katie DT xx

Alyx said...

This is so lovely. Great Christmas card. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Sandy said...

A delightful card, love that penguin. Sorry I'm late popping in, thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Hugs,
Sandy

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for August - hope to see you again soon x

Julie Odil said...

Congrats on the new job! Love this image and card! Thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges. Julie, DT

Melanie Smith said...

That little guy looks like he is just "Chillin" He is adorable and you card is well done. Thank you for participating with us over at the Through The Craft Room Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again really soon :-) Melanie, DT