Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Monday 12 August 2013

Have a Hoot on your Birthday

Hi Folks
Hope you are all well.  We had a great time at a wedding yesterday.  The bride looked stunning and the weather was nice and sunny.  I will post some pics this week of the stationery items that I made for the happy couple.
But today is my youngest daughters 22nd birthday so I would like to show you the card I made for her.


My daughter loves owls so I knew I wanted to create something using an image of an owl.  
For the image panel I created a little scene using several stamps that I have.  The owl, branch and sentiment are a Woodware set.  The little grasses at the bottom are Papermania Book Print Urban Stamps.  The tree branches and leaves are Paper Smooches Gently Seasoned stamp set.  I paperpieced the owl using Docrafts Tilly Daydream papers.  A length of ribbon was added to the bottom and the panel was matted onto brown pearlescent paper.
For the background of the card I used paper from the Lillibet range from Trimcraft.  Again, this was matted onto pearlescent paper.  I added two strips of ribbon and used my Craftwork Cards letter stamps to stamp onto card candi.  The large flower is from Craftwork Cards and I added the yellow flower for a centre.  Some gems to the top corner finished the card.

Thanks for popping by and would love to hear what you think.  

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Cards Galore - Bingo (Birthday, candi or gems, sentiment)
Penny Black and More - In the garden
Papertake - Anything goes
Crafty Sentiments - Animals
Crafty Ribbons - Anything goes with ribbon
Brown Sugar - Anything goes
Allsorts - Stitching
Pile It On - Outdoors
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes
Whoopsi Daisy - Stitching

20 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Hello mags.
Happy birthday to your daughter,
The owl card is brilliant. Love how you've put the letters down the side and across the bottom.
Hugs Kelly

sue said...

fab card,bet your daughter will love it. sue xx

Daniele said...

such a lovely card, love the stamping on card candy looks really good, happy birthday to your daughter
hugs

Deanne Saunders said...

Your card is adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Mags, love that owl and the beautiful scene you created. I am sure your daughter loved it.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Mags so pleased the wedding went well. Happy birthday to your daughter and what a fab card for her! Susan x

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card Mags x

Claire said...

I love this, so sweet - I love owls too. I best she loved it. Hugs, Claire x

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter!
The card you have made her is gorgeous. I love the owl and the way you have created the scene for it to live in. The lettering looks wonderful too.
Glad the Wedding went well, looking forward to seeing some photos
Sue xx

rachel said...

gorgeous card Mags - love that little owl! Glad the wedding went well and happy birthday to your daughter xx

Laura Love said...

This is super adorable! I love how you did the lettering for the sentiment! That is awesome! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs! We hope to see you play along again soon!

catherine said...

This is fabulous Mags and thanks for joining my stitching challenge at Allsorts this week
x catherine

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is stunning, hugs Pops x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So cute, thanks for playing at crafty ribbons and PTW

Linby said...

Fab paper piecing and such a sweet card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT

Heather said...

Fabulous make! x

carol said...

fabulous creation..love the cute owl,
thanks for sharing with CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Angela said...

This is adorable and I am sure the card will be a big hit with your daughter.
The alpha beads are a clever idea.

Thanks for sharing with us in the Cards/Crafts Galore Bingo challenge.

Elizabeth Hart said...

I just love anything with owls and this adorable with the paper piecing - thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge