Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Vintage Birthday

Evening Folks
I am sitting here slowly melting while writing this post.  We might have had thunderstorms last night but the hot sticky conditions remain.  I was hopeful that it might have freshened the air a bit to at least enable me to sleep but I was wrong.  Still, I am not going to complain as we don't see enough nice weather in the UK.  My apologies if I have not been round to visit all your blogs over the last couple of days.  All I want to do in the evenings at the moment is to keep cool and sitting with a laptop on your knee is not exactly cooling lol.  I have also been busy with a wedding order for three weeks time.  I can't show you what I have been working on at the moment but will do as soon as the wedding is over.

It has been a very exciting couple of days with the birth of William and Kate's baby boy.  What a precious little bundle and congratulations to them both.  I was sat in front of the television this evening for my first glimpse of the little man.  I just hope that they are given a bit of privacy now to get used to being parents and getting to know their little boy.

I have a male birthday card to share with you tonight.


I used a topper from Kanban together with papers from Craftwork Cards for this creation.  I mounted everything onto kraft card to keep the monochromatic feel.  For embellishments I used a couple of metal corners and some card candy.  I also used some distress ink around the edges of the topper and the papers.  This was a quick card to put together but just perfect for a male birthday.

Thanks for popping by and will see you tomorrow for a new challenge over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.

I would like to enter the following challenges:
One Crazy Stamper - Kraft
Card Makin Mamas - Monochromatic
Hobby House - Vintage
Here Come The Boys - Anything goes
Anything goes - Anything goes
Allsorts - Transport
Kaboodle Doodles - Anything goes
Craft Your Passion - Happy Birthday
TTCRD - Anything goes
Crafty Cardmakers - Birthday

24 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Mags this is a stunning vintage masculine creation. Totally agree with you re the royal baby. Hope they get some quiet family time to bond.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Linda Simpson said...

Oh I am loving this card very much Mags! Great topper and love the background papers and corners. Totally agree with you about William and Kate too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Sue said...

Wonderful card Mags, I love the image and fabulous colours.
Sue xx

Sharon said...

Love your male card Mags. The colour tones, image and details are fabulous.
Hugs Sharon. x

karen said...

I really love this Mags, fabulous make!! hugs, Karenx

Lin said...

Fabulous vintage creation Mags!

Unlike you I am gonna complain, it's too darn hot!

Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us

Lin xx
Crafty Cardmakers

Vicky said...

WOW........sweetie this is awesome !!!!!!!!! I absolutely love this to bits shug!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

rachel said...

Gorgeous card mags. Fab use if lsyering and a great image. Hope its cooled fown a bit for you now x

Anonymous said...

great vintage and fabulous image love the shaping around the image too, thank you for joining us at the Hobby House for our 2nd challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous vintage male card Mags! Love the image on the topper and the way you embellished it! Susan x

Claire said...

Fabulous card Mags, love the vintage style of the card and great colours too. Have a lovely day - it appears to be another hot one! "sigh" - Hugs, Claire x

brenda said...

Hello Mags,

Thank you so much for sharing your inspirational work with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Sonia said...

Hi my dearest friend^_^
How many gorgeous creations I lost when I was at the sea,all wonderful and full of beautiful details^_^
This card is fantastic for a man^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Josephine said...

Fabulous vintage card!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation, thank you for joining Allsorts. Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Daniele said...

such a great vintage card Mags, love the image
hugs

~ginny said...

Absolutely FAB card Mags! I love the gears and cars and metal and the vintage feel of the monochromatic browns! Thank you for sharing your delightful project in the Happy Birthday Challenge!
~ginny
Design Team - Craft Your Passion
RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Fabulous and elegant retro card. Fabulous card the image is simply gorgeous. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at TTCRD. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
craftdoormagazine.com.

Barbara said...

Love this card, Mags.....Great vinage feel without being OTT xx

Wendy L said...

This is a wonderful card, great design and image, thanks for joining in my challenge at Allsorts this week. xxx

Unknown said...

Wonderful, vintage card Mags - fabulous image and layout!
Thank you for sharing with us at The Hobby House and good luck!
xx

The Gov. said...

Love the vintage card! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodles Doodles Challenge Blog!

Sue said...

A gorgeous card. Love the details. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

Dawn said...

Great vintage card Mags! I love all the little details!
Hugs
Dawn xx