Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Friday 15 June 2012

Shape It Up

Evening Folks
Thankfully the weekend has arrived.  Had quite a busy time at work this week.  Trying to get ahead of myself before my holiday.  Only have to wait till Wednesday and then we will be heading down to Southampton to board our ship.  Seems to have come around quickly but then we only booked it six weeks ago.  Hopefully the rest on holiday will do my arm some good.  Not sure what I have done but think it might be tennis elbow or something related to all the computer work I do (both at work and at home).  Just have to be careful not to lift anything heavy with my left arm, but even gripping things can be painful at the moment.  I suppose if it doesn't get better I will have to trudge along to the doctors.

Anyway, enough waffle and onto my card share for today.  Every month I go to a card workshop at my local craft shop Dalex Crafts.  Each month Caroline (who runs the workshops) tries to cover different techniques and card shapes.  Here is the card that we created in May.


I started off by creating a gatefold square card.  The sides were embossed with an embossing folder.  I then cut two shapes using a nestie.  Dark brown for the frame and cream for the inner.  These were then mounted onto the card front - the frame on one side and the inner on the other.  When closed the frame and inner interlock.
This next picture should give you more of an idea of what I mean.


I then used a diecut from the Wellington range by Docrafts and stamped a sentiment onto the inner nestie.  Some large flat backed pearls and some backing paper inside the card finished the look.



Here is another one I made but this time using a flower stamp and little pearls.



I really enjoyed making these and liked how using the die cut nesties turned a simple gatefold card into something a bit more special.








Thanks for popping by.  Can I just say welcome to my new followers.  In August it will be my first blogaversary (keep your eyes peeled for some candy).  If you had told me when I first started this venture that within a year I would have over 100 followers and be on five design teams I would not have believed you.  You are all so wonderful and it is your support and encouragement that keeps me going.  A big thank you to you all.
Take care.

15 comments:

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards mags,love the fabulous design. I do hope you get your arm sorted. Have a lovely holiday.xxx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Mags,
These are both lovely cards and I love the design idea, they are beautifully done.
Hugs Linda xx

Wendy said...

These are gorgeous Mags, fabulous design....enjoy the weekend.
Wendy xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Brilliant Mags! I particularly love the frame you have made with your Spellbinders. I am having my first blogaversary the end of July - looks like we are the same blog age lol!! Hugs Susan x

Sue said...

gorgeous cards, such great designs and I love the images

sue

Jules said...

Hi Mags

Wow .. .. these look amazing. Love the finished look.

They look quite fiddly but I am guessing that as you made two they aren't so bad LOL!!!

If I don't get to you again before you start your holiday then have a great time. You sound ready for a break.

In the meantime have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie these are both gorgeous x x x

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Mags, fabulous cards! Love the colour scheme and images.
Hugs
Tamara

marion said...

It's so lovely your cards, Have a nice weekend. Hugs, Marion

McCrafty's Cards said...

Two Gorgeous card, I like the images and the colours
Kevin xx

Linda Palmer said...

Wow! Mags, this is beautiful all in black. I love it!

Sarah said...

2 gorgeous cards Mags I love the script embossed look on the teddy card!

Have a great holiday!

Sarah x

Donna Mosley said...

Two gorgeous cards Mags, love the designs and details. The embossing looks fab.

hope you have a good holiday.

Donna x

May said...

Gorgeous cards Mags great designs and detail, Love your blog came across it whilst hopping.. joined as a follower to visit again soon, Hugs May x x x

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely card shape - it does make a gate fold even more special. Beautiful images too. How exciting to be coming up on your blog-a-versary! Yay! Candy too - double Yay! Hugz!