Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Monday 14 May 2012

Happy 5th Birthday

Evening Folks
Hope you are all well.  Well, it was the start of a new working week today and I'm already hoping that Friday will come round quickly.  Got a couple of staff on my section off this week so things are a bit busy to say the least.  Doesn't help when I have to spend an hour attending a training session that was totally unnecessary.  But if the boss says I have to go then I have to go!!!
Anyways, managed to get in my crafty space for a little while when I got home and came up with this little creation.  My daughter asked me if I could make a card for one of her friends daughters who will be 5 years old in the next few weeks.


I recently won a free image from Pixie Dust Studio in one of their challenges.  I chose this little cutie called Pixie Pearl and she was just perfect for this card.  She is coloured in promarkers and lots of glamour dust added to her wings.  I also gave her sparkly shoes.  The backing paper has been in my paper box for months and was a freebie with a magazine.  The pink panel at the side has been embossed using a fairly new folder I have.  It is from Papermania and has lots of little buttons all over it.  For the number 5 I used a chipboard that I had.  It was coloured in promarkers and I then sanded it to give it an aged look.  The flowers are some felt ones that I have had in my stash for months and I topped them with some lovely pink buttons.  Final finishing touches were some of my die cut butterflies, a sentiment, some bow, pearls and a little chipboard butterfly.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Digital Tuesday - Ribbon and buttons
Papertake - Cute, cute, cute
Sketch and Stash - use sketch and new/neglected stash (digi is new, most of the rest is from my stash)
Digi Doodle - Bingo Board (buttons, ribbon, flowers)
Card Makin Mamas - Flowers
Paperplay - Chipboard
Catch the Bug - Things with wings
Totally Gorjuss - Pink and green
Charisma Cardz - Pink n girlie
Fab N Funky - Buttons and Bows

Thanks for popping by and for all the lovely comments you leave me.  I do read every single one and appreciate your support and encouragement.
Take care.

29 comments:

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous and so sweet Mags, fab flowers.
Wendy xx

Donna Mosley said...

An adorable card Mags, love the sweet image and gorgeous flowers.

Donna x

marion said...

It's such a cutie ! Hugs, Marion

Sue said...

Fabulous card, very pretty indeedy:)

thanks for joining us at SnS

sue
xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Mags,lovely image.xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a sweet card Mags, I like the butterflies the flowers and the image.
Kevin xx

Berry said...

This is super cute Mags what a fun card Hugs Rebekah xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Mags what a cute card for a five year old - priceless!! Love the image and those cute felt flowers. Fab number 5! Hope your working week goes quick, hugs Susan x

WeirdCat said...

Aww what a sweet card, am sure your DD's friend will love it, thank you for joining us at The Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week
Ruth x

Flowergirl said...

Really gorgeous card. So cute! Beautiful flowers and image x
Wendy x

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Mags !

Adorable realization. Fantastic work on your caracter. Beautiful embellishment. Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Daniele said...

super sweet girlie card
hugs

Debs said...

Adorable cards Mags
Such a pretty image.
Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely card mags, love the colours. Kim

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Mags,
What a fab card this is for a five year old, Love that image and the butterflies and of course the lovely sparkle... Hugs, Teresa x

Berit Synnøve said...

Beautiful card. Love your flowers and butterflies.
Thanks for joining Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week.
Hugs Berit

Rach83 said...

Aww what a cutie! Great card with lovely colours and embellishments. I'm sure it will be treasured. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Rachel x

Tammy said...

Sweet card and an adorable image! Love the #5 and pretty flowers! Thanks for joining the Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week!

DistinctiveLMNts said...

Well, that's one fortunate little 5year old. Great job.
Im glad you shared with us at CMM.
Lisa:)

Deirdre said...

Adorable creation - love how the elements make your eye travel around the card. Stunning.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week.

Carissa said...

Too cute, perfect for a little girl. Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck. Carissa

Frances said...

What a pretty creation! really pretty colors and love the image, Thanks for joining us at Paper Play this week, hugs, Frances.

Sarah-Jane said...

Super card. Thank you for joining us at SnS.
Sarah-Jane xx

Jodie Mackrell said...

sooo sweet! thanks for playing this weeks "things with wings" challenge at catch the bug!

Julie said...

Such a pretty card, Mags! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Stash, Juliexx

Julie said...

Such a pretty card, Mags! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Stash, Juliexx

sammi said...

So adorable! The little one will love it! Thank you for sharing your creation with us in our "Things With Wings" challenge at Catch The Bug! We appreciate that you "spread your wings" and joined us! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

Paul said...

Very sweet and love the big 5. Thanks so much for joining in with us this week for the Catch The Bug Things With Wings Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps. I hope you enjoyed it enough to join us again for our next challenge. Right, I’m now going to FLY away and see what else I can find!
TFS
Paul
Crafty Blogocks
DT Member for Catch The Bug

Andie's Space said...

This looks fab. I love your cute image & wonderful embellishments. Great take on my sketch too. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx