Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Sunday 1 April 2012

Feeling the Love at Dream Valley

Hi Folks
This is my second post for today.
It's time for a new challenge over at Dream Valley and this time it's a special challenge just for our teamie Mel.  This weekend Mel is getting married.  So what could be more appropriate than a "Wedding/Love" challenge.  Just make a wedding/love/anniversary creation and you could be a lucky winner.
Our sponser this fortnight is One Stop Card Craft who are very generously offering our lucky winner a £10.00 voucher to their store.


I went with quite a clean and simple card this time around (well, clean and simple for me).  The images are some that I got last year in a Making Cards magazine.  I simply matted these onto silver mirror card cut with one of my Spellbinders dies.  The white background card was embossed with a Papermania embossing folder which had hearts on it.  Matted and layered with black and silver mirror card.  A black dotty ribbon and sentiment were the finishing touches.  I also went around the edge of the card with liquid pearls.

For more inspiration pop over to Dream Valley and see the rest of the creations from the design team.  I can tell you that Mel has made an awesome wishing well.  Looking forward to seeing all your creations.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches - use sketch
Whimsy Stamps - No patterned paper
Stamp N Doodle - Embossing

Take care

22 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Evening Mags this is a really lovely wedding card I love the layout too. Hugs Aunty Sue xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful monochrome wedding card Mags, I like the images
Kevin xx

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Mags, I just love this - a beautifully put together Wedding card, very elegant and classy! Hugs, Teresa x

Jasmine said...

This is so pretty, Mags. I love the look of black and white cards, the pearls add the perfect finishing touch.

Jasmine said...

This is so pretty, Mags. I love the look of black and white cards, the pearls add the perfect finishing touch.

Dawn said...

Beautiful card Mags! The mirror paper is so cool! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Theresa said...

This is so very pretty. Love the silver and the bow. Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Linda Palmer said...

This is a beautiful card. You did a fabulous job on this card. Love the design.

Marie said...

Your Wedding card is just so elegant. Love that mirrored paper. Thanks for playing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous elegant card Mags, love the images
Hugs
Kat xx

Melissa Craig said...

*sucks in breath* Your card is stunning! Absolutely elegant wedding card. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Mandy said...

Very elegant card Mags,love your design....
Mandy x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous so elegant, I love it hugs Pops x x x

Jules said...

This is just stunning Mags.

Love the monochrome look and your super neat layout!

Great liquid pearls technique.

I hope you had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so lovely, love the monochrome.

Hazel said...

Hi Mags

Such a pretty wedding card I really love the images you have used.

Thank you for becoming a follower - I am very flattered.

Thank you for leaving some lovely comments on my blog - I really do appreciate it.

Toodle pip

Hazel xx

Flowergirl said...

Really beautiful wedding card x
Wendy x

Donna Mosley said...

Wow Mags this is so stunning hun. Love the colour combo & elegant design.

Donna x

Unknown said...

Wow, so elegant, hugz Suzanne

Mel said...

Oh honey this is beautiful!
This is just amazing and so adorable! I so so love it!
Hugs Melly xx

Kathy said...

Wow, very elegant. Love the b and w color scheme.

Pia S said...

This is so lovely and elegant!