Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Thursday 29 December 2011

Thank You

Evening everyone
Been a bit of a dull, windy and wet Thursday here today.  Spent a bit of time in my crafty room but had to tackle sorting the fridge out.  You know how it is.  All the various leftovers from Christmas Day get put in the fridge - supposedly, to make a meal out of the next day.  The problem is a meal is never made out of it.  So a good clear out was in order today.  Still have tons of food in there though.  Every year I say that I am not going to go overboard on the food but I always do.  Oh well, suppose I'm a bit long in the tooth to change now.  lol.
Anyway onto today's card.  I got this lovely thank you stamp today from my local craft shop and this formed the basis for the card.  The stamp is by Papermania and, although you can't see it very well, it has the word thanks written in each of the letters.  I simply coloured it in promarkers and heat embossed the star in gold.  Also added a bit of distress ink.
I also followed the sketch over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp challenge.
Stuck to the colour scheme of red, black and cream.  All the paper and card used were oddments that were in my stash box.  The gold corners were some spellbinders die cuts that I heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  Also did some embossing using my big shot on the black piece of card.  A few flowers from WOC and a gold glitter brad finished the card.
Here is a photo of the inside of the card.
I used the same black, cream and red theme.  The corners were the same ones as used on the front but cut out of the red paper instead of heat embossed.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sunday Sketch and Stamp - 86
Ribbon Girl - colour challenge.  Use red, black and cream
Charisma Cardz - #50 anything goes

May I take this opportunity to say thank you to all my followers and visitors to my blog.  Your support and encouragement are much appreciated.  I thoroughly enjoy reading all your comments and visiting your blogs.
Best wishes to all for 2012.
Mags
x

8 comments:

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Mags !

Beautiful Card. Simple and clean style as I like ! interesting graphic effect. Good work ! Bravo !
Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

The good end of year !
Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful card, love that stamp Karen x

Kerryn said...

Hi Mags. I hope you had a lovely Christmas! Your card is really pretty and I love those corner die cuts!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Mags! I wanted to stop by and invite you to visit my blog. I'd love to follow you, and would be so happy if you would also visit and follow me. Also, I want to invite you to play along at Word Art Wednesday. It's a newer challenge blog, and it's a great time to get involved! You can win some great prizes. I reall hope you will have time to visit me, and to play along at Word Art Wednesday. I'd love to see you!
Blessings,
Karen
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Ribbon Girl said...

Very nice thank you card - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge. Mary G x

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh i love it,the colours are ace!

Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz,best of luck!

Leah l'Orange said...

the perfect amount of detail, and loaded with class and elegance! i love the words cut from the texted paper. thanks so much for playing along at Charisma, and happy new year! :)

Unknown said...

Elegant design and the background is very good.
Clear business cards
hotel key Cards