Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Thursday 22 December 2011

Keep It Simple

Well, think I am almost there.  All presents bought and wrapped, check, all cards made and written, check.  Just have to go to the supermarket tomorrow to get the last few bits.  Can start to relax a bit now.
Wanted to share a card with you that I made a couple of weeks ago.  The idea was to do something quick, that could be reproduced easily.
For the little squares at the side I stamped some snowflake images using Versamark.  I then used chalk to colour over the images and added some glitter for sparkle.  The background was done using my snowflakes embossing folder.  A bit of glitter card and ribbon at the side created a border for the snowflake squares.  The sentiment image was another one from my stash (sorry, can't remember who did it as I have lost the packaging).  This again was stamped in Versamark, coloured over with chalk and glittered.  
Not my usual style of card but quite liked how they came out.  In fact I did them in various colourways.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly- Last Christmas card of the year
Crimbo Crackers - #5 Snowflakes
Thanks for popping by.

May I take this opportunity to wish you all a very merry christmas and a wonderful new year.  Thanks to all my followers and everyone who has visited my blog and left such lovely comments.  Your support and encouragement are much appreciated.

Mags
x

4 comments:

Wendy said...

These are beautiful Mags...Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Wendy xx

Georgina said...

A lovely selection of cards.

Thank you for the lovely comments you leave on my cards. Happy Christmas!

downrightcrafty said...

a very elegant layout and love the difference in colours you have used, all very pretty
Hugs Kate xx

Jill said...

gorgeous cards Mags thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx