Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Saturday 10 December 2011

Blue and White Christmas

Hello everyone on this cold and frosty morning.  Think I may stay cosy and warm today.  Bit chilly for going out me thinks.
Todays card is a quick easel card.
Decided to go with a simple colour combo of blue and white.  I embossed some white card with my snowflakes folder and matted this onto some light blue snowflakes paper (although you can't see the paper very well in this photo).  The topper was a papermania stamp that I heat embossed.  Decided not to do any colouring on it as I wanted to keep it clean and simple.  Used my dies to cut out the scalloped circles and some distress ink to soften the edges.  Finally added a nice sentiment from my stash, some flowers and lace.
Another view.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Crimbo Crackers - 4 Embossing
Simon Says Stamp - photomontage (took my inspiration from the bauble and all the snowy whiteness of the images)
Aud Sentiments - 43 Winter Holiday Sentiment
Stamps R Us - Emboss It
Simply Create Too - 2 Embossing

Thanks for looking and please feel free to leave me comments.  I look forward to reading them.
Off to do some more crafting now, may even get my christmas cards finished!!
Mags
x

4 comments:

Joy said...

Loving all the elements to this pretty card... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous! I love the colors!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps R Us!
Tammy :)

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Mags: Your blue & white card is so cute! love your snowflake embossing. Happy you joined us at Simply Create Too for Challenge #2 - Embossing. We have some fun challenges coming up--join us please?

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card and do like the colours! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers