Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Saturday 26 November 2011

Santa

Saturday already, don't where the time is flying too at the moment.  Not enough hours in the day.
Trying to get some decorating done before Christmas too.  I am now asking myself why!!
Anyway I had planned to do lots of crafting today but best laid plans etc.  Did strike a couple of my list but not enough.
Here is my offering to blogland for today
This is a lovely Molly Blooms stamp that shows an exhausted Santa on Boxing Day.  I really enjoyed colouring him in.  Of course, he would not be complete without some glitter.  I edged the image panel with some distress ink just to try and make it a bit softer, hope I have succeeded.
The background paper (from Papermania) has been matted onto red cardstock.  I then added three green glitter squares matted onto red cardstock on the right hand side of the card.  The sentiment was in my stash box (not sure where I got it from or when).  A bit of ribbon, some decorative pins and gems completed the card.
Here is a closer picture
Think this Santa may be making an appearance is some more of my cards.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - 129, use sketch
Papertake - christmas crackers
Crimbo Crackers - Santa
Aud Sentiments - any winter holiday sentiment
Simply Create Too - All about christmas
Polka Doodles - Italian christmas (red, white, green)
Totally Papercrafts - christmas

Thanks for looking and please feel free to leave any comments.  I look forward to reading them.

Mags
x

19 comments:

Kerryn said...

Hi Mags! What a great image. lol made me laugh. Lovely card. That paper is gorgeous and love the glittery squares/parcels. xx

MagsB said...

Aww, isn't that Santa adorable?! Love the hole in his sock!! What lovely papers you've used, and the ribbon is just lush!

love, MagsB x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Mags, fab santa image.
Wendy xx

karen said...

Hi Mags, gorgeous card, the distressing looks fab,I like the 'square' detail, very effective. Have a lovely weekend, Karenx

darling Ho said...

What a funny image!! And I love the distressing and the colour combo, too.
Thanks for sharing it at Simply Create Too this time.
~darling Ho~SCT-DT

mulberry station said...

Oh my goodness, you nailed this one. It is so adorable. I love your colors and darling image. Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh my!! this image is adorable, Beautifully created. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Mags, love the Santa and distressed edges.

Donna x

downrightcrafty said...

hiya, such a fun image and gorgeous distressed card :) thank you for the lovely comment on my little bottle dresses tutorial, I have done larger bottles, if you scroll down my blog posts you will find them, but they are a different style and created uniquely for occasions, but there is a base starting point, hope you find them and have fun
Hugs Kate xx

jonim52 said...

I think I know how that Santa feels. What an adorable image. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Sharon Caudle said...

Heehee...poor ole' guy! Super cute!! Fantastic Christmas card! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us at Papertake Weekly, and we hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Super cute, Santa card.
Thanks for joining our 'Christmas' challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Nelly said...

love this image and how you have put your design together...Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles Nelly X

Kathie said...

Hi Mags congratulations on your win last week at SSW. Your card this week is perfect I love this image and your wonderful colours, papers and embellishments. Awesome job and thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie
SSW-DT

Sharon Basel said...

This is darling Mags! Love the Santa image with his holes in his socks! That glitter paper is stunning on this, especially with that gorgeous red shimmery bow. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
All the best,
Sharon, SSW-DT

Genevieve said...

Fab image, made me smile, I love your glitter panels, sweet card. Thanks for joining us @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

Enfys said...

Gorgeous card Mags, love that image! Thanks for joining us this week at Polkadoodles
hugs
Enfys

Jeannie said...

Poor Santa is tired already! This is just adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Tip Top said...

Wonderful Santa image! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers