Would love for you to be a follower of mine - just click the little blue button

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Special and Pink

As I have probably mentioned a couple of times I am going away on a cruise on Friday.  While I am away it is my mother-in-laws birthday so had to get this done before I go.
Used a stamp from Kanban for the main image.  I wanted the colouring to be quite soft so I used chalks to colour it.  I also added glitter to the hairpiece for a bit of sparkle.  Used a few layers of papers from Tim Holtz which I inked round the edges with some walnut stain to try and give a more aged look.  Layered the papers onto Coredinations cardstock.  The finishing touch was some ribbon, flowers from WOC and some pins.
Was quite pleased with the result and hopefully mother-in-law will like it.
Made a box for it to go in and decorated that with some matching papers and flowers.
Thanks for looking and please feel free to leave any comments.  I do enjoy reading your comments and they are much appreciated.
Mags
x

6 comments:

Daniele said...

what astunning elegant card, never used chalks to colour before, love the softness of the colouring
hugs

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card & box Mags,beautiful image and love the flowers/bow/pins detail...Hope you have a lovely time on your cruise.
Wendy xx

mags said...

Thanks for you lovely comments. Much appreciated
Mags
x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing!
Hey, Pixie Dust Paperie is having a giveaway, we have 4 prizes this month, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Bellasandra said...

Beautiful elegant card. Love the colouring with the chalks. Beautiful bow and flowers. Hope you have enjoyed your cruise.

Sandra x

downrightcrafty said...

elegance and a little bit of French je ne sais quoi love this image have it myself and beautiful presentation
Hugs Kate xx